Monday, April 12, 2021

Eight Legs and A Tail- Smooch’s Tales from the Road


Look at that face!  Does that look like the face of a dog who would disappear into the forest in the night? Does that look like the face of a dog who would try to explore every culvert she comes upon?

My Mom has been doing most of the blogging but I thought it was my turn. I thought I should tell you what it’s like for me traveling on this great adventure out to Colorado. 

I have a pretty sweet set up. I have a very comfy bed in the back of the truck and I get to sleep in the big bed with my mom and dad in the trailer. That suits me just fine..

Last night  we camped at Daniel Boone State forest in Kentucky I went on a little adventure. Most of the time I’m tied up at our campsite but once in a while my mom doesn’t tie me up. I sit very innocently on the grass looking like I’m not planning to go anywhere. But last night my Mom and Dad were playing a game inside the trailer and they weren’t really watching me so I thought I would take a little walk-around. By the time they realized I wasn’t there it was dark. I could hear my dad yelling at my mom. He’s such a rule follower and I could hear my Mom calling to me with her flashlight in the dark. She sounded a little freaked out. But I came back soon enough. I also discovered so many amazing culverts. I love a culvert no matter where it is. My Mom didn’t particularly like me exploring in them.  She always says - you never know what you might find in there- especially in Kentucky. But that’s exactly why I do it. You never know what you might find. It might be something awesome.

Today we drove to Indiana. We are at the Harmonie State Park which is actually quite lovely. But here’s the most fun thing I’ve done all week. I got to swim in the Wabash River. Oh it was sweet. After each swim, I would go onto the bank and roll in the mud. That felt sooo good, like having a massage. So now we’re back at our camp- just chillin, getting ready to cook our supper.

Tomorrow I hear we’re going to really  put some miles on. We plan to have two long days on the road before we get to Denver. Boring. But when we get to Denver I get to see my Mabel and her new little brother. His name is Warren and I haven’t even met him yet but I love babies. I am also going to see Sydney, my cousin, the black lab. She and I are great friends and I’m also going to see my Aunt Ames. I’m very excited to see everybody. So that’s my report. See you on the flip side.







2 comments:

  1. Eddie lives in Kentucky and my niece lives in Denver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most wonderful odyssey. Thank you for sharing it with us all. I still fondly remember the week-end you came to Washington with Susie and others for the Women's March. We'll have to gather like that again some day. Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete