Monday, October 9, 2017

Smooch's Tales- Lost on the Trail in Colorado



I'm so excited that my Mom is letting me blog again.  I had another big adventure this weekend in Colorado.  We went up to the mountains to this place called Frisco.  And we went hiking every day. I. Love. Hiking! The trails are so beautiful here and there are lots of dogs on the trails.  You know how much I love meeting other dogs.  I especially love running through the woods.  You can't even imagine how many smells there are.  And there are creeks and little rivers to swim in.

Usually I run ahead of my humans because I am so excited.  My cousin, Sydney, is more grown-up than I am.  She always waits for my Mom, who is not the speediest hiker on the trail. Just sayin'.

So on Saturday my Aunt Ames and my Uncle Andy took me on a big hike on a trail called Ten Mile Creek Trail.  My Mom decided to do some other things. We had such a blast.  There were tons of dogs and people on the trail and even some kids.  I. Love. Kids.  And there was a rushing river near the trail.  It was kind of like a canyon but the water made it really hard to hear anything.   I ran ahead and met some new friends.  And before you knew it, I was kind of lost. I was a little bit worried.  It turns out that my Aunt Ames was really worried because she sat down on a rock and started crying.   She worried that she would have to call my Mom and tell her that I was lost.   Meanwhile, I met a very nice man who petted me and checked the tag on my collar.  I guess he was worried because it seemed that I was by myself and I was whining a bit. Remember I said that I was a little worried?  I guess I whine when I get worried.   So the nice man called my Mom's number that was on my tag. I just sat down on the trail for a rest.  I had been running pretty hard all day long.  I couldn't exactly hear the conversation but I guess my Mom told him that I had been hiking with Ames and Andy and she was going to try and call them and figure out where they were.  Before long Andy arrived at the spot where we were waiting.  He and Ames had been hiking behind me.  So while Ames cried, Andy just kept hiking until he found me.

Well that was a relief!  I was sorry that I worried my Mom and Ames but I still had a really fun time.  I just hope they keep taking me out on the trails.  It's about as much fun as a girl can have.



No comments:

Post a Comment