Sunday, September 13, 2015

The Great Gifting Experiment


The Great Gifting Experiment

After a couple of months off, of relaxing, gardening, playing with my new puppy, I am ready to get back out in the world.  And since I spent so much time at BiddingForGood thinking about the theme of generosity, I thought I would consider how I might embrace this theme myself.  I will have a busy next couple of months as I join the cast of Our Town at Northern Stage, running through Halloween. But there’s always time in your life for helping others and spreading some goodness around in the world.  So I introduce to you- The Great Gifting Experiment.

Between now and Thanksgiving, the best things in life are free.  At least from me.  I am going to offer to help my friends and colleagues with ideas, inspiration and introductions. 

If you need….
            An introduction to someone you’d love to meet
            Some feedback on a business plan
            Someone to find just the right recipe for all of the kale out of your garden
            Some ideas on an audition song or monologue
            A new name for your puppy or horse or baby!
            A subject line for an email
            A decision on which outfit to wear for an event
            Someone to ask hard questions about a big life decision
            A book recommendation
            Some ideas to market your business or yourself
           
Obviously, I will not be coming out to San Francisco to babysit for your kids, or doing your laundry, but I will give you my time and my best ideas and energy, using the best technology that is available.  I have always been a girl with a lot of ideas.  Some of them are great, some of them are not, but who knows, one of them might actually make a difference in your life.

I will be chronicling this project in a series of blogs so be among the first to raise your hand.  The only thing that could possibly go wrong is if no one takes me up on the offer.   Think of me as your consultant, your life coach, your spiritual director or just a friend who wants to help.

Here’s to the possibilities!
Please reach out to me at perryisperky@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment